Sunday, July 1, 2012

Crescent Rolls with Asparagus, Prosciutto and Cream Cheese

These crescent rolls with asparagus, prosciutto and cream cheese are the first of several posts of special dishes served at my friend Liz's bridal shower.  I'm the Maid of Honor for her wedding - she is marrying a fantastic guy named Sal - and planning her shower was a ton of fun and gave me an opportunity to experiment with new dishes and cook for almost 20 people.

The crescent rolls are surprisingly easy to make.  They're simply made of the Pillsbury-brand Crescent Rolls from the refrigerated section of the grocery store.  However, keep in mind that because they're filled with cream cheese, prosciutto and asparagus, they'll take about 15 minutes longer to cook than the rolls alone.  I recommend keeping an eye on them after about 20 minutes of cooking to ensure they're becoming golden brown but not burning.

Crescent Rolls with Asparagus, Prosciutto and Cream Cheese
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
8 slices of proscuitto
Cream cheese (enough to spread on the crescent rolls)
8 asparagus trimmed to about 5 inches long

Preheat oven to 375.  Open the crescent roll container and unroll the dough.  Break apart the rolls into their predetermined triangle shapes.

Spread each triangle with cream cheese.  Next, place a slice of prosciutto on top of the cream cheese.  Place an asparagus at the wider edge.



Roll up the dough starting with the wider side up to the point.

Bake the crescent rolls for 20 minutes.  Add a minute or two if the rolls aren't cooked through.  Serve warm.

7 comments:

  1. These were delicious! Can't wait to make them! Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Lauren...

    I'm the community manager for Pillsbury's social platforms--and every Wednesday, I feature a blogger-inspired recipe that uses a Pillsbury product. I think our Facebook fans would love your creation with Crescent Rolls, asparagus and prosciutto. Yum!

    I like to reach out to bloggers for their permission before I post anything, but basically I write a bit of copy paired with a photo and a link to the blog. If you're interested, please contact me: jess.wangsness@genmills.com.

    Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, This recipe looks amazing. I think I tried something similar at a holiday party and found the recipe on your site.

    I am having difficulty finding the print icon. When I try to print, I get an unformatted page and I'm wondering if there is a way just to print the recipe itself without the photo in order to preserve ink and paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! Thanks so much for your message! I'm so glad you like the recipe.

      You know, I never thought about a printing option. I've found a few tutorials online on how to install a "print" button on the blog, but I'm having some technical issues. I will continue to work with it and will let you know when I figure it out!

      Happy holidays!

      Delete
  5. Hi, this sounds delish. Do you put in the asparagus raw or do you cook the asparagus before you wrap it up in the crescent roll?

    ReplyDelete