Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back from El Salvador, Back to the Kitchen


About a week and a half ago, I had the privilege of traveling to El Salvador for work.  It was a whirlwind of a trip - I found about about 5 days before departure that I would be traveling to the country to train the USAID Mission on the Google Apps Suite.

El Salvador is a gorgeous country.  Gorgeous people.  And, of course, gorgeous food.  Unbelievable food at that.  Everything I had, from filet mignon, to pupusas, to fruit, was fresh and flavorful.  I attribute this to most of the food being local.  The idea of "local" is something that is preached here in the United States, but I think that local food is the norm in El Salvador.  Perhaps it's because of the climate, the vast farmland, the type of jobs available, or a mix of all three, but it was truly a treat experiencing the local cuisine of the country. 

As you can guess, it took me be a while to get back into the swing of things, and tonight (9/18/11) I'm finally back in the kitchen cooking a homemade meal.  I'll post about it soon...glad to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment